Friday, October 16, 2020

2D ART: Assignment 7 - Final Painting

 The end of boot camp is here! I'm so happy to have survived and specialized but I must admit I'm a little melancholy about seeing common art go. I will miss sharing these awesome critique days with my classmates - it felt like a mini Christmas every time getting to see the cool art my peers have made week after week. Alas!

This week I was feeling kind of spooky, so I decided to make something dark and intense. It took me a while to think of something but once this image was finally in my head, it struck so hard and so clearly. I immediately put together an inspiration board to help keep that vision focused. 



This board features art by Maxim Verehim on Twitter, and Simon Stalenhag. The bottom two images are from the Alien film set. 

With these pictures in mind, I roughed my piece out in Maya through modeling and lighting. 




                                            This is the shot I took into Photoshop to paint over. 


                                                                                Final piece!


                                                                            Close-up.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Demon Axe and Jelly Witch Complete, RIP Cyclops

I finished this all up a week ago and got really nice feedback during my last industry review so.. here ya go! - You can look at more progre...