Monday, October 12, 2020

3D ART: Week 7 - Texturing in Substance Painter

 So this week I tried my best to wrangle the UVs into cooperating with me with extremely questionable success, but I did it. With them done, I finally was able to bake my high poly sculpt onto my low poly model in Substance Painter. 



From there I began to paint on my model. I wanted to make an old, paint worn crate inspired off of distressed crates I found on Google. 



Here's what I ended up with. I've been calling it Elsa.



Color and normal maps.




From there I finally let this girl go into UE4 and she looks great!



                          Finally I took her back into Maya for a good ol' fashioned beauty shot!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Demon Axe and Jelly Witch Complete, RIP Cyclops

I finished this all up a week ago and got really nice feedback during my last industry review so.. here ya go! - You can look at more progre...