Thursday, October 1, 2020

2D ART: Assignment 5 - Use of Composition

 This week we focused on learning various types of compositions and were given a Maya file full of assets to build a scene with. From there, we're basically supposed to implement the techniques we used in assignment 3 to create a totally new illustration. 

After messing around with my scene for a bit, I finally settled on a dramatic city invasion scene with a messenger that made it just a bit too late. I messed around lighting and materials to get a better sense of value and also with different camera angles to see what looked best compositionally. 


Originally I was going to run with this but I stumbled upon a clearer and more appealing shot during a really helpful conversation with my classmate Nitin. Thanks, Nitin!



After I got my shot lined up, I took some render passes (toon material for lines, object render, beauty render, and lighting render) into Photoshop to fiddle with and paint over. I tried to keep the rule of thirds in mind while doing this but I think I ended up with a hodgepodge of rules. Next time..!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Demon Axe and Jelly Witch Complete, RIP Cyclops

I finished this all up a week ago and got really nice feedback during my last industry review so.. here ya go! - You can look at more progre...