Monday, October 5, 2020

3D ART: Assignment 6 - Sculpting in zBrush

 This week I got my ass kicked by UVs and it all started because I wanted my crate to look busted up. Here's the crate I took into zBrush.


Here's my crate in zBrush.


Aaand here's my crate after I went to town on it in zBrush. I'm pretty happy with this as a first real sculpting attempt because it didn't come out super blobby. I learned a lot and I'm excited to keep learning the tools in this program!





With the sculpt done and exported out in high and low res, I returned to Maya to create a low poly version of the model to bake my sculpt onto. Unfortunately I started running into issues and couldn't figure out the best way to UV unwrap my low poly model so I couldn't take it into Substance this week. To be continued...!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Demon Axe and Jelly Witch Complete, RIP Cyclops

I finished this all up a week ago and got really nice feedback during my last industry review so.. here ya go! - You can look at more progre...