Sunday, July 18, 2021

Demon Axe Week 1: Proxy

 So for my next assignment I'm tackling a prop so that I could take a bit of a break from characters and give myself some time to work more on my Cyclops project (and go back and tweak the witch some more because I'm neurotic :) ). I was actually pretty anxious about this project because I have historically sucked ass at box modeling but I somehow actually made it happen and now have hope for the future? I also pushed a little extra and have the UVs shelled out, just need to lay them out. Anyway here are some pics.


Concept by Betty Jiang.








Also mini-update on Cyclops. He's all baked down and has base colors on him. Had to do a lot of cleaning up because my ID map was sloppy as hell and I still need to revisit the sculpt to fix whatever's going on with his red loincloth piece but he's coming along, albeit a little slowly. I'm just happy the arm pieces baked down as nicely as they did despite me doing a goofy ass job on the retopo for that (I lost the OG low res pieces, rip). Maybe not as goofy as I thought tho........




No comments:

Post a Comment

Demon Axe and Jelly Witch Complete, RIP Cyclops

I finished this all up a week ago and got really nice feedback during my last industry review so.. here ya go! - You can look at more progre...