Sunday, June 20, 2021

Cyclops Project Week 1, Witch Project Week 5

 So for my next project, I'll be tackling this buff dude concept by Frankie Perez.



This week I worked on getting the model roughed out and in easily customizable pieces. Since his back's a mystery, I drew a side view to get a better sense of his weight distribution and put together a small PureRef with power lifter back muscle reference to help fill in the blanks. I'll probably have to draft what the back of his clothes looks like in the future.

Nailing the proportions for this was a little tricky but here I am with it thus far:






I wasn't able to make as much progress as I'd like because I was also focused on wrapping up my Witch project but my schedule for this project will be as follows:

Week 1: Proxy blockout [finish proxy by Weds]
Week 2: High-res complete
Week 3: Retopo and first bake, base colors laid out in Substance
Week 4: Final presentation in Unreal

And here's where I'm at with my Witch. She's basically done but I'm extremely dissatisfied with how her face looks and there's not a whooole lot I can do about it. I'm going to mess around with the skull placement as well as exaggerating the face drawing itself to see if it helps. I also want to make the lighting more cohesive for industry review but overall I'm moderately happy with how this came out. I hope I can look back at this in a year and know a myriad ways to make it better, haha.




Looks much cooler without a face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demon Axe and Jelly Witch Complete, RIP Cyclops

I finished this all up a week ago and got really nice feedback during my last industry review so.. here ya go! - You can look at more progre...