Sunday, May 23, 2021

Witch Project Week #1: Reference and Proxy

 So to start off the summer semester I'll be making this cute witch character by Pedro Kruger (https://www.artstation.com/pedrokruger) who is real freakin' amazing. So far I have 3 projects lined up based off his work but as drawn as I am to them, I'll keep looking around to add some variety to my portfolio.

I'm sweating a little thinking about how Interesting texturing her is going to be and also the thought of cracking into Marvelous Designer for the first time for her skirt. I've already plucked around some tutorials to get an idea of what I'm in for and it honestly doesn't look too bad?? (???) We'll see how much future Yami hates me real soon, haha (I have 3 characters to finish within the next 4 weeks, please pray for me).

I originally wanted to rig her as well but given my schedule at the moment I'm just going to sculpt her in this pose.


My schedule is as follows:

Week 1: Block out pose/proxy.
Week 2: Hi-res complete
Week 3:  UVs, first bake, begin textures
Week 4: Final presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demon Axe and Jelly Witch Complete, RIP Cyclops

I finished this all up a week ago and got really nice feedback during my last industry review so.. here ya go! - You can look at more progre...